Saturday, May 25, 2019

A New Home


Dear Friends and Family,
            I have been working on the Yakama Nation Reservation off and on for the past three years. Whether it has been for a week, a summer, or 15 months, I have journeyed here many times and always found myself longing to spend more time and serve in this community. My current 15-month internship hasn’t quite ended yet, but I have found that my heart has already been filled more than I previously thought possible. Since coming here, last May, I have wrestled with what is the next step in my future, where was God going to call me? The Lord clearly had a plan all along, a plan that has been unfolding since I first stepped foot on this reservation on July 15th, 2016. I without a doubt know that God is calling me to stay here. There have been several ways that He has made this clear to me. The pit in my stomach that I have every time I think of leaving. The connections I’ve made with both the youngest, smallest children who abound in energy and the wisest elders that have graced me with their company. I’ve known it from the times I walk down the hallways of the schools here seeing children’s eyes light up, smiling from ear to ear. From the most insignificant, halfway smirks that I find on the faces of youth. To the proud faces of elders and adults who see their new wood shed, built by teens from their own community. I can’t imagine ever being anywhere else or being apart of anything greater. God has called me to this place. Not to save anyone of my own power, but simply to be here and be used by Him in anyway he sees fit.
If you’re not familiar with the ministry I’m working with and the conditions of reservation life, let me give you a brief summary. Hope Fellowship is the church planted by Sacred Road. It is located within White Swan, a town on the Reservation. In White Swan, nearly 100% of the population is deeply affected by alcoholism and/or drug abuse. The reservation itself is located in one of the poorest areas in the United States.  In White Swan there is approximately a 75% unemployment rate.  Most of the children in White Swan suffer from neglect and abuse. There are no healthy evangelical churches in White Swan. Sacred Road’s goal is to bridge the gap between Native America and the Church at large. Their goal is to follow what the bible says and love our first neighbors well.
I’m afraid I need to ask something of you now. For me to stay here I need the support of those that God has seen fit to bless my life with. I need partners to step forward and help me in serving the community here. I need support both financially and prayerfully.
I implore you to approach the Lord in prayer and consider joining my support team. For me to stay, I must raise my full salary, which comes to a monthly cost of around 3,000 dollars. This requires me to put my faith both in God and His people. I truly hope you will work with me in loving our first neighbors well. If you would like to financially support me, please contact me so I can send you a support letter or go to Sacred Road’s website at www.sacredroadministries.com, go to the “Giving” tab, and choose me as the missionary you would like to support. Additionally, if you wish to learn more about what I’m doing, get clarification on support info, or personally talk to me about the work here. My phone number is 813-368-6563 or my email address is tbelisario3@gmail.com. I pray the Lord blesses you as much as He has blessed me.
Your brother in Christ,
Trey,

 



No comments:

Post a Comment